Trans and gender diverse people as equal citizens of the world.
To foster a sense of belonging and empower trans and gender diverse people.
Across Australia, we:
- Advocate for, and promote visibility of, trans and gender diverse rights through events, education and advisory roles,
- Provide community connection through online spaces & public events,
- Support parents, partners, colleagues and friends of trans and gender diverse people to become strong allies,
- Partner with aligned organisations to maximise change making through collaboration,
- Build a strong national network of organisations and community groups that provide clear pathways to trans and gender diverse-friendly resources.
Trans Pride Australia acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of this land and pays our respect to all First Peoples Elders, past, present and emerging, extending this respect to all Brother Boys and Sister Girls and other Aboriginal trans and gender diverse people. We celebrate their continuing connection and contribution to culture, country and community.
Board of Directors
Co-founder and founding President, Peta Friend, was watching a scene from I am Cait where Caitlin Jenner and Candis Cayne were chatting and laughing about all things trans and she realised she was craving this kind of friendship and connection with her own trans siblings in Sydney, Australia. So she invited friends Penny Clifford, Colleen Windsor, Victoria Anthony and Chi Chi Farrugia to lunch and they plotted and planned a social group. A place they could meet up in person once a month and stay connected online. Penny Clifford came up with the name Trans Sydney Pride and the group was born.
Acknowledgment of Service
We acknowledge the following people for service to TPA
Apple Jack (AJ) Freshwater Brown
Chi Chi Farrugi
Partners and Supporters
TPA acknowledges the support and partnership of the following organisations and people, without whom our projects and presence wouldn’t be possible.
Annecto – Mike Hercock
Dowson & Turco – Nicholas Stewart & team
IAG Personal Insurance – Caitlin Hall
FEM – Lisa Freshwater
- Your Content Goes Here
Out For Australia – Emily Scott & team
Stone Wall – Candice Box
Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
Queer Screen- Lisa Rose
Red Balloon – Rhett Pearson
The Luxe Co – Tina Hutton and team
Trans Pride Australia is always open to hearing from you with comments, questions, feedback and enquiries on how we can continue to support, advocate for and celebrate trans and gender diverse people, along with the broader LGBTQIA+ community.